Who has responsibility for roads within the City of Stirling?

Responsibility for public roads in WA rests with either State or local government. The State Government is responsible for funding and management of all roads that are declared ‘highways’ or ‘main roads’. All other public roads are the responsibility of local government.

Main Roads WA (MRWA) is responsible for all aspects of the management of the following roads within the City of Stirling: Mitchell Freeway, West Coast Highway, Marmion Avenue, Karrinyup Road, Morley Drive, Reid Highway and Wanneroo Road. All enquiries relating to these roads should be referred to MRWA on 138 138 or enquiries@mainroads.wa.gov.au .

All other public roads within this local government area are the responsibility of the City of Stirling.

How does the City make decisions on roads, traffic and rights of way projects?

The City balances the financial and technical aspects of projects with the views of residents and owners of properties that are most affected by the works. Additionally, decisions must comply with standards and industry guidelines to provide quality road infrastructure.